You have just received an amazing tattoo! Now what?
If Saniderm Protective Bandage is Used:
• Remove your Saniderm bandage after 24 hours for ideal healing. It is normal for some blood and plasma to build up under the bandage. If you notice it seeping or it is bothering you, a new bandage can be placed at any time.
-to remove, start at corner and pull in the direction the hair grows.
-Depending how well the adhesive has held up on your skin it may need to be taken off with warm water like in the shower, and a little bit of coconut oil may be used.
-although it may seem like your tattoo ink will be pulled out, it wont!
• A second bandage can be placed after removal of the first for ideal healing. You can be sent home with another piece or you can return to the shop and we will apply for you. This second bandage may be kept on an additional 4-6 days
(Please see www.saniderm.com for complete instructions on this type of product. )
• When the bandage is removed your tattoo will be close to healed, but it is still important to keep your tattoo clean and moisturized. Follow the below instructions after your Saniderm wrap is removed.
If Plastic Protective wrap is Used:
• Remove the plastic wrap when you are home and ready to wash your tattoo. Ideally no more than 2-3 hours after leaving the shop
• With CLEAN hands gently wash your tattoo with warm water and non-irritating soap. Do not over scrub!
• Wash your tattoo 1-2 times a day for the first week following bandage removal; more often if your job requires physical activity or if you work out.
• Lotion or tattoo ointment can be applied to the tattoo when it appears dry, feels tight, or itchy.
• At least once a day sparingly apply cream or lotion and then blot off any excess, so it does not look shiny.
• DO NOT OVER MOISTURIZE!
• Avoid tanning beds, swimming pools and other bodies of water, hot tubs, and direct sun for at least two weeks.
• Do not scratch or pick at your tattoo. This may cause it to heal improperly.
• Depending on the size and color work of your tattoo, healing times may vary from person to person.
• Aftercare does not just stop at two weeks, after the tattoo is healed it will always look better when it is kept moisturized!
Things we recommend for your tattoo: H2Ocean Soap and Moisturizer (sold here)
-----refer to H2Ocean aftercare card-----
Other acceptable soaps: Dr. Bronner’s or Dial Gold antibacterial soap
Other acceptable moisturizers: Hustle Butter; Lubriderm Lotion, A&D ointment, Aquaphor.
----Avoid lotions and soaps with artificial scents and alcohols----
Please call or come in and see us if you have any questions about your tattoo and its healing process.
253-212-2098 - firstname.lastname@example.org - 13811 Pac Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98444